Monday, December 29, 2008

The Longest 2 Days of My Life

Christmas, and the day after, 2008; also known as the longest days of my life. So, Christmas I wake up @ 7 a.m after going to bed 3 am that morning. We have to be @ my bro's house @ 8:30 to open presents, but that doesn't happen. Christmas celebration yahda, yahda, til 5 pm. So, then I have to be @ work before about 10 p.m. We get sidetracked before we leave Corpus, so leaving at 7 pm, we head off to go back towards houston. I get to work @ about 11, then it takes me an hour to feed + walk dogs, so it's past midnight when I'm acutally done. I get home, take a shower, and get to bed @ abt 2 a.m. I left my phone on in case something happened at work, and lo and behold, at 5 a.m. my boss calls b/c i have to take a dog the emergency clinic IMMEDIATELY. The dog had a seizure or something, so hurrying to the clinic, I pray the whole way the dog's ok, barely get into acceptable clothes (not for a work day b/c I was supposed to come in at noon) and get the dog to the clinic on time for them to do something. Yay! it made it in time, and I wait 2 hrs in the clinic. So, boss calls and says to head back to the store b/c she has to transport the dog to gulf coast center for treatment, and the store opens @ 8, so get the mess that the newbies made when I was gone somewhat fixed up. Day goes by, and I'm giving baths and walking dogs in soffees and a t-shirt. I decide I need a break, so, I call in a newbie, leave at 1:30, and hopefully come back @ 3, but then I sleep for 2 hrs straight, so I get back @ 4 and get needed supplies for the store. Work doesn't end until 8 after the 3rd round of dog-walking, so I FINALLY get to go home and get some needed rest, ready to get back to work @ noon the next day. Yes, I believe that those were the two longest days of my life. I worked 22 hrs in 2 days. Which made a handsome sum of 15o for a paycheck of working 2 1/2 days. Whoot. SO, there you have it, i'm not your avg teenager. Happy Holidays!

No comments: