Sunday, May 12, 2013

It goes both ways

One hell of a night leads to one hell of a day. Remember that, kids.

Friday:
-work in West Hartford. very frustratingly unproductive day. meh.
-feeling like exploring later in evening after rain.
-hear commotion coming from town or Smith campus, decide to investigate and go on a hike on mill river trail, so invite roommates
-we talk on porch about the state of the world for 30 min or so, then head out
-walk on the moonless path with doggy in tow, talk with some people around a fire, roomie tries out the river, cold.
-decide to head into town after all, and once there, pool.
-roomie with dog decides to head home, other two and I go to the watering hole, where it's super crowded, so.. no pool
-and I run into a mutual/fb/but I kinda know in real life friend there and say "hi" for a bit before we all head out
-other roomies decide to head home, and right before leaving downtown I decide to stay by myself
-go to Sam's to hear people on open mic, enjoy a spinach feta pizza and a smuttynose porter (soo delicious)
-as I'm walking downtown while trying to pick a bar to go to, some guys say I should pass them up so I don't feel like a creeper, and then one of them asks me, "hey, I'm gonna think of a number, 1-10, guess what it is!" two seconds later as I walk in front, I guess "7". then I hear "FUCK. dammit that was it, you're good." I said "the next number you were gonna guess is prolly 4". He's like, "3. close."
-decide to check if Iron Horse has enough of a show left to see, but the guy said there was less than half, but I couldn't get a half price ticket, so I step out
-I look around downtown, see what's going on. go into hinge, meh, step out.
-check out Bishop's to see what's up. I see a poster for Chocolate Orange that's for May 10th. I'm like, "hey, what's Chocolate Orange?" One says, "it's a funk group of 7 members, they're semi famous around there. really fun." I was like, "thought it might be a fondue party or something." One says, "yeah, you gotta bring your own skewer though" and I was like, "well, I brought chopsticks. those'll work". So we go on about chocolate and fruits for a bit. and then I asked, "so how much is left of the act?" they said "they just started up again, so prolly half." and I say, "how much is it to get in?" they say, "$5". I was like," well if there's half a show left can I pay $2.50?" one says, "if you do the robot, I'll let you get in for free" the other guy agrees. I do the robot, and get in. :)
-after acquiring a rum and coke, I head out to the dance floor, and then I think I see Chris that I used to hike with at UMOC when I still went there from a few years back, because I knew he was back in town. So I glance (more like stare to figure out if it's really him) a few more times, and then I go over and am like, "Chris?" and then kinda go away figuring nah, it's not possible, and then he goes, "LIZ??"
-then follows big embrace, lots of drink cheers, intro to Dan, and the rest of the night is amazing high energy drunken dancing
-Dan lives on the other side of Noho, so we separate at downtown
-then I go to the river trail again and attempt to go down the trail without a light. which worked for half the way, and I knew there would be rocks and tree roots soon, so turn on cell phone flashlight. quiet, lone walk home

this all ends at about 3 am. I set my alarm for 7:30 am since I'm not sure exactly when we're starting work, but figure some time between 9-10a

Saturday:
-wake up, text to find out what time. 9:30 in Springfield.
-snooze button, sleep, snooze button, shower, toast, change of clothes for BBW shift later.
-get started in Chicopee, cloudy, muggy, I only get like 1 lead.
-we have to get out of neighborhood by about 11:30 cuz we're pretty much done with the drop, and Chris (canvas manager) saw some folks (with a stick up their ass) that prolly reported us to the cops. (we have permits and things which are totally legit)
-so, as we're leaving the neighborhood, at a stop sign, cop is on the other side, and then he does a u-ey after we proceed. even though there's no lights on us or anything, we figure we should pull over to play it as safe as possible. we have permits and licenses ready, and I have my registration ready. other cop car comes and swoops in the front diagonally, so we're boxed in like we're criminals trying to run or something. cop on each side. on Chris' side, checked out permit, said we're good. on my side, cop is saying my car is suspicious since it's out of state plates (btw, this neighborhood is less than 5 miles from an air force base, and my magnet on the back of the car says "my dog and I support the navy", really?) he says if I don't convert my license and registration in 30 days, it's illegal, and if he stops me again and I haven't had it done, he's going to arrest me, take me downtown, and put me in jail. really, what have I done to deserve this freaking harrassment? guy's being a douche with a stick up his ass.
-so, we call the police station, double check with them, report what happened, etc. complete BS.
-hit one more neighborhood, have to call it a day after it starts getting windy and raining.
-so, work ends at noon instead of around 3. my work shift at BBW doesn't start until 5.
-figure I should just wander in the mall instead of wasting gas and going home and back. so..buy new white shirt and undershirt for work since my previously white shirt is now minty green. (something I put in laundry was a "hand wash only" so, green dye on everything.
-catch up with Amy from target, cuz we used to talk a little when I worked at Sbux.
-eventually work starts, busy day, conversion good, yahda yahda. btw, at BBW we have to wear dressy-like shoes, and I either wear sandals, flats, or cowboy boots. thank god I wore cowboy boots today, because...
-as we're closing, a tower I was pulling with candles on it starts to topple, I try to catch it, but not before 15 YES, FIFTEEN, candles topple down on me and break EVERYWHERE all across the front of the store. I have worked at BBW for about 2 years now, and not ONCE have I broken a single candle or wallflower, (glass messy things) and in 10 seconds, I break that record, AND conversion for the day. (sorry BBW crew...) Out of the 15 candles, 14 damaged.
-luckily, as the candles were falling, I felt probably 6 of them that actually hit my body, but none of them broke on me. One of them fell directly on the top of my foot. Which hurt a lot, but since I was wearing my cowboy boots: 1. less impact due to leather and socks 2. no exposed skin, which probably prevented the candle from breaking, and cutting my foot, or even breaking from my foot. (it's definitely bruised and a little swollen, but would've been MUCH worse if not for the  boots) 3. I was wearing REAL cowboy boots, so if I was wearing my look-alikes that I had in my trunk, more damage to foot
-aaaaaand then closing.

So:
-right now I want to numb my body with alcohol (but I won't, I'm just going to read manga, watch anime, and go to sleep). I fell down the other day from a dresser and chair, with one leg caught IN the chair, onto a wood floor, so right ankle severely bruised for about 5 days now. top of left foot now severely bruised. I have also been driving for about 5 hours and walking about 22 hours (estimated minimums) out of the last 48 hours.
-could've been better, could've been worse, I'm counting my blessings each day

No comments: