Thursday, May 23, 2013

Small Moments

Oh, so much happening right now.

-gonna start training for sales on Tuesday
-finished our first song with the whole band last night
-had an amazing moving night at Royale Boston with Above and Beyond
-got a rainy day off, so gonna get to laundry and clean my room and such
-found an anime/rave friend
-going back home to visit in 2 mos
-no injuries this week, yay!
-things are all finally coming together. trying my best to live in the moment.

[TO STOP BLOG MUSIC, SCROLL TO BOTTOM]

I'm gonna expand on why the concert was so memorable real quick.
A. Here's some footage.

B. The song that got me into these guys was "On a Good Day". It has helped me through some tough times. I was in the front because we got there early, and I had been waiting about 3 years to see them. The night was already awesome with some good tracks, and I almost teared up when they brought up the Boston terrorist thing. After that I put up a heart shape at Tony, he gave one back, blew me a kiss, and I did the same. Then again when they played "Love is not enough" because it's such a strong and emotional song. I figured they weren't gonna play the song I really wanted because it was a bit of an older song, but when the crowd asked for one more song, and they started playing a slower version, I was beginning to tear up, but when they put on the screen "this song is about..." that's all I got to, because in my mind I was thinking "I know what this song is about." and just started crying. I had to compose myself shortly afterwards for a bit though, because they started going around shaking peoples hands and autographing stuff. I got to look Paavo in the eyes, shake his hand and thank him. He looked back into my eyes, and I knew he understood. It was a good, long, moment. Then Tony came the other way, and I also got to thank him, but not as long. After that I went back to wiping my eyes and singing along when they got back up. I'm glad someone else recorded this, because there was no way I could.
 
btw, the prompt said (from pausing the video) "this song is about how we overcome even the most difficult times"


In summary, it was a night to remember. If this was a year or two ago I don't think I would've been so affected, because I am finally starting to experience more emotionally now, and things are starting to come together.


One last note:


          

No comments: